Healthy Perfect Porridge Recipe
- 2/3 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup reduced-fat milk
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 apple, core removed, coarsely grated with skin on
- 1 tsp orange rind, finely grated
- 2 tbs sultanas
- pinch ground cinnamon
- Place all ingredients into a large microwave-safe bowl and mix well.
- Cook in the microwave on HIGH (100% power) for 3 minutes.
- Stir, then cook on HIGH for a further 2 minutes.
- Set aside for a few minutes and sprinkle with extra cinnamon, to taste.
- Replace apple with frozen berries or a banana.
- Vary the dried fruit to include chopped apricots, figs or dates.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||1225 kJ||254 kJ|
|Protein||9.4 g||2 g|
|Fat, total||4.5 g||0.9 g|
|— saturated||1.4 g||0.3 g|
|Carbohydrate||50.7 g||10.5 g|
|— sugars||30 g||6.2 g|
|Sodium||58.7 mg||12.2 mg|
|Fibre||6.3 g||1.3 g|