Healthy Breakfast Toastie Recipe
- olive or canola oil spray
- 1 egg
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 2 slices wholemeal or multigrain bread
- 1 tbs reduced-fat cheese
- Lightly spray a frying pan with oil and place on a medium heat.
- Crack the egg into pan and add the tomato slices.
- Cook the bread in a toaster or under a grill until golden-brown.
- When the egg white has cooked and yolk set (about 2 minutes) remove and place it on a slice of toast. Top with the tomato, grated cheese and the other slice of toast.
Love sweet coffee? Try reducing the amount of sugar you have a quarter of a teaspoon at a time to trick your taste buds!
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||1370 kJ||428 kJ|
|Protein||21 g||7 g|
|Fat, total||12 g||4 g|
|— saturated||4 g||1 g|
|Carbohydrate||30 g||9 g|
|— sugars||8 g||2 g|
|Sodium||638 mg||199 mg|
|Fibre||6 g||8 g|
You might also like
Mexicorn Salsa Toast Topper
Try a different topper on a piece of toast each day of the working week!