Healthy Cauliflower & Broccoli Cheese Recipe
- 1/2 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tbs plain flour
- 2 cups reduced-fat milk
- pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat cheese
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Place cauliflower, broccoli florets and water into a microwave safe and ovenproof dish. Microwave on HIGH (100%) for 5 minutes. Carefully drain off the water and set aside.
- Put flour into a tall microwave safe jug. Add 2 tablespoons of milk and whisk to a smooth paste with no lumps. Season with pepper. Add the remainder of the milk and stir.
- Microwave the milk mixture on HIGH (100%) for 1 minute. Stir. Heat again for 1 minute and stir. If needed, heat again for 30 seconds intervals and stir until thick and creamy.
- Add grated cheese and stir until melted through.
- Top cauliflower and broccoli with cheese sauce.
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes or serve immediately.
Try mustard instead of mayonnaise to add extra flavour to your salads and sandwiches.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||661 kJ||254 kJ|
|Protein||14.9 g||5.7 g|
|Fat, total||4.2 g||1.6 g|
|— saturated||2.6 g||1 g|
|Carbohydrate||12.6 g||4.8 g|
|— sugars||8.5 g||3.3 g|
|Sodium||177 mg||67.9 mg|
|Fibre||4.3 g||1.6 g|
You might also like
Mason Jar Rainbow Salad 3-2-1
We've got your work lunch sorted with this EatBrighter rainbow salad jar.