Healthy Sweet Potato Frittata Recipe
- 250 g sweet potato, sliced
- 250 g potato, sliced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 tbs Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- Preheat grill.
- Boil potato for 4-5 minutes until tender, or microwave on HIGH (100%) in a covered dish with 1 tablespoon water for 5-6 minutes, stirring after 3 minutes. Drain well.
- Heat oil in a non-stick frypan, add onion and cook for 2 minutes until golden. Add potato, toss to combine and brown.
- Stir in spinach and stir-fry until wilted and moisture has evaporated.
- Mix eggs, cheese and nutmeg in a small bowl and pour into pan. Cook over low heat until set.
- Place under hot grill for 2 minutes to brown the top.
Recipe from Healthy Food Fast © State of Western Australia, 2012. Reproduced with permission.
Variation: Try finely shredded chinese cabbage instead of spinach
Serving Suggestion: Serve hot or cold. Cut into wedges and serve with a salad for a light lunch For a special breakfast dish serve with grilled tomatoes and crunchy wholemeal toast
Try mustard instead of mayonnaise to add extra flavour to your salads and sandwiches.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||1505 kJ||664 kJ|
|Protein||21.6 g||9.5 g|
|Fat, total||23.6 g||10.4 g|
|— saturated||9 g||4 g|
|Carbohydrate||14 g||6.2 g|
|— sugars||2.9 g||1.3 g|
|Sodium||267.6 mg||118.1 mg|
|Fibre||2.2 g||0.9 g|