Healthy Zucchini Slice Recipe
- 5 eggs
- 1 large zucchini, grated
- 400 g carrot, sweet potato or pumpkin, peeled and grated
- 1 1/2 cups canned corn kernels or frozen peas, drained
- 1 medium brown onion, peeled and diced
- 2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 3/4 cup wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese, grated
- olive or canola oil spray
- 3 large tomatoes, sliced, optional
- green side salad, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180ºC fan forced).
- Whisk eggs in a medium jug, season with black pepper and set aside.
- Squeeze grated vegetables to remove some of the excess moisture.
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients except tomato. Add eggs and stir mixture until well combined.
- Spray a large baking dish with oil. Pour in zucchini mix and flatten with a spoon. Cover with tomato slices arranged in a single layer.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until firm and golden brown.
- Rest in the pan for 10 minutes before dividing into 6 pieces and cutting into slices. Serve with a green side salad.
Try mustard instead of mayonnaise to add extra flavour to your salads and sandwiches.
Start to LiveLighter today
Become a member for free and receive your personalised meal plan.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||1220 kJ||353 kJ|
|292 Cal||84 Cal|
|Protein||19 g||6 g|
|Fat, total||9 g||3 g|
|— saturated||4 g||1 g|
|Carbohydrate||29 g||8 g|
|— sugars||10 g||3 g|
|Sodium||450 mg||130 mg|
|Fibre||7 g||2 g|
You might also like
Garlic & Tomato Bruschetta
Crusty bread, topped with herbs and ripe tomatoes and drizzled with olive oil.