Healthy Fast Vegie Spaghetti Recipe
- 500 g spaghetti or other pasta
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 small brown onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 stick celery, thinly sliced
- 1/2 capsicum, seeded and diced
- 1 small zucchini, cut into 2-3cm pieces
- 570 g tomato based pasta sauce
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Cook pasta according to packet directions and drain.
- Heat oil in a saucepan, add onion and cook until soft.
- Add other vegetables, stirring until well mixed. Lower heat, cover and cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Add pasta sauce to vegetables and heat through.
- Remove from heat and serve over pasta. Sprinkle with cheese.
Recipe from Healthy Food Fast © State of Western Australia, 2012. Reproduced with permission.
Start to LiveLighter today
Become a member for free and receive your personalised meal plan.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||869 kJ||407 kJ|
|Protein||6.9 g||3.2 g|
|Fat, total||4.5 g||2.1 g|
|— saturated||1.1 g||0.5 g|
|Carbohydrate||32.3 g||15.1 g|
|— sugars||7.4 g||3.4 g|
|Sodium||428 mg||200.4 mg|
|Fibre||4.8 g||2.2 g|
You might also like
Packed with vegetables and great served hot or cold, this simple slice will surprise you.
Sesame Brussel Sprouts
Don't let its reputation fool you, this is a delicious way to serve brussel sprouts!