Healthy Chicken Parma Recipe
- 200 g skinless chicken breast
- 1 x 400g can no-added-salt diced tomatoes with basil, onion and garlic
- 1/4 cup basil leaves
- 1 x 270g jar char-grilled capsicum or roasted pepper strips
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 1 sweet potato, about 400 g
- 1 potato
- 2 tbs reduced-fat milk
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mozzarella cheese, grated
- to taste pepper
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan forced).
- Spread a little of the diced tomato in the base of a small ovenproof dish.
- Halve the chicken breast lengthways to form 2 thin steaks. Using a rolling pin, pound steaks between 2 sheets of plastic wrap to 5mm thickness. Arrange chicken on tomatoes in pan base. Top each with basil leaves (save a few for serving) and capsicum. Pile on spinach, spoon over remaining diced tomatoes and sprinkle with mozzarella. Bake for 20 minutes until chicken is cooked and melted cheese has browned.
- Microwave potato and sweet potato in a covered dish with 2 tablespoons water on HIGH (100%) for 6-8 minutes, stirring after 4 minutes. Add a splash of milk and pepper and mash with a potato masher until smooth, adding additional milk if a smoother texture is desired.
- Divide mash and chicken between serving plates, sprinkle with remaining basil.
Variation: You can cook the chicken in the slow cooker, just leave out the cheese. When you're ready to serve, transfer to an oven-safe dish and put under the grill till the cheese has browned.
Comment: *To make this dairy-free, use non-dairy milk and cheese or leave them out.
Chilli, lemon and herbs add flavour - great alternatives to butter and salt!
Start to LiveLighter today
Become a member for free and receive your personalised meal plan.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||2174 kJ||302 kJ|
|Protein||49 g||7 g|
|Fat, total||11 g||2 g|
|— saturated||5 g||1 g|
|Carbohydrate||42 g||6 g|
|— sugars||19 g||3 g|
|Sodium||906 mg||126 mg|
|Fibre||24 g||3 g|