Healthy Chicken Parma Recipe
- 200 g skinless chicken breast
- 1 x 400g can no-added-salt diced tomatoes with basil, onion and garlic
- 1/4 cup basil leaves
- 1 x 270g jar char-grilled capsicum or roasted pepper strips
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 1 sweet potato, about 400 g
- 1 potato
- 2 tbs reduced-fat milk
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mozzarella cheese, grated
- to taste pepper
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan forced).
- Spread a little of the diced tomato in the base of a small ovenproof dish.
- Halve the chicken breast lengthways to form 2 thin steaks. Using a rolling pin, pound steaks between 2 sheets of plastic wrap to 5mm thickness. Arrange chicken on tomatoes in pan base. Top each with basil leaves (save a few for serving) and capsicum. Pile on spinach, spoon over remaining diced tomatoes and sprinkle with mozzarella. Bake for 20 minutes until chicken is cooked and melted cheese has browned.
- Microwave potato and sweet potato in a covered dish with 2 tablespoons water on HIGH (100%) for 6-8 minutes, stirring after 4 minutes. Add a splash of milk and pepper and mash with a potato masher until smooth, adding additional milk if a smoother texture is desired.
- Divide mash and chicken between serving plates, sprinkle with remaining basil.
We are family! Enjoy some quality time together at the dinner table and switch off all other distractions.
Start to LiveLighter today
Become a member for free and receive your personalised meal plan.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||2174 kJ||302 kJ|
|Protein||49 g||7 g|
|Fat, total||11 g||2 g|
|— saturated||5 g||1 g|
|Carbohydrate||42 g||6 g|
|— sugars||19 g||3 g|
|Sodium||906 mg||126 mg|
|Fibre||24 g||3 g|
You might also like
One Pan Mexican Chicken 3-2-1
Vibrant colours, big flavours and hardly any dishes. A weeknight winner!