Healthy Vegie Curry Recipe
- 2 cups rice (uncooked)
- 1 eggplant, chopped
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 small piece fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
- 1 large brown onion, chopped
- 3 tbs red or green curry paste, according to taste
- 2 potatoes , peeled and cut into 1cm cubes
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into 1cm cubes
- 1/2 butternut pumpkin, peeled and cut into 1cm cubes
- 1 capsicum, seeded and diced
- 1 cup cauliflower, or broccoli florets or green beans , chopped
- 425 g can no-added-salt diced tomatoes
- 1 cup reduced-fat coconut milk
- 2 tbs chopped herbs (e.g. basil or oregano) , chopped
- Cook rice following packet directions.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan and add garlic, ginger and onion cooking gently to soften.
- Stir in curry paste over low heat. Add vegetables and canned tomatoes and stir well.
- Cover tightly and bring to the boil, then simmer until vegetables are tender, 20–40 minutes depending on size.
- Add coconut milk and simmer for a further 5 minutes. Add herbs and stir well.
Recipe from Healthy Food Fast © State of Western Australia, 2012. Reproduced with permission.
Use the left-over water from cooking vegetables to make stock or soup. It's full of vitamins!
Start to LiveLighter today
Become a member for free and receive your personalised meal plan.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||1771 kJ||296 kJ|
|Protein||9.8 g||1.6 g|
|Fat, total||8.1 g||1.4 g|
|— saturated||3.4 g||0.6 g|
|Carbohydrate||72 g||12 g|
|— sugars||12.3 g||2 g|
|Sodium||273 mg||46 mg|
|Fibre||9.6 g||1.6 g|