Healthy Cheat's Seafood Paella Recipe
- spray olive or canola oil spray
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 capsicum, seeded and diced
- 3 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- to taste pepper
- 2 cups risoni (rice-shaped pasta)
- 3 cups salt-reduced chicken stock
- 1 cup water
- 250 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 lemons
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped, plus extra for serving
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas
- 500 g marinara mix or seafood of your choice
- Spray a large deep non-stick pan or paella pan (something with a lid) with oil and place on high heat. Cook onion for 3 minutes until softened, stirring often.
- Add garlic, capsicum, paprika and cumin; season with pepper. Cook for a minute until fragrant then mix in risoni and cook a further minute, stirring to coat in spices.
- Microwave stock and water for 1 minute, then pour into the pan and bring to the boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Stir through tomatoes and zest and juice of 1 lemon, then cook a further 5 minutes, allowing a crust to form on the bottom of the pan, until risoni is almost tender.
- Gently stir through parsley and peas, then press seafood into the top of risoni and cook, covered, for 5 minutes or until prawns change colour and other seafood is cooked through.
- To serve, garnish with extra parsley and lemon wedges.
- To spice it up, add a chopped red chilli or cayenne pepper, to taste.
- Replace cherry tomatoes with two chopped tomatoes.
- Substitute marinara mix with peeled uncooked (green) prawns.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||2046 kJ||294 kJ|
|Protein||44.4 g||6.4 g|
|Fat, total||7.4 g||1.1 g|
|— saturated||1.7 g||0.2 g|
|Carbohydrate||53.6 g||7.7 g|
|— sugars||10.1 g||1.4 g|
|Sodium||991 mg||142 mg|
|Fibre||11.5 g||1.7 g|
You might also like
Tuna & Lemon Pasta
Don’t let the simple ingredients fool you- this fresh-flavoured dish is sure to impress
Spicy B.B.Q. Fish with Mango Salad
The perfect Summer dish, inspired by the tastes of the Kimberley.