Healthy Cheat's Seafood Paella Recipe
- spray olive or canola oil spray
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 capsicum, seeded and diced
- 3 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- to taste pepper
- 2 cups risoni (rice-shaped pasta)
- 3 cups salt-reduced chicken stock
- 1 cup water
- 250 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 lemons
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped, plus extra for serving
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas
- 500 g marinara mix or seafood of your choice
- Spray a large deep non-stick pan or paella pan (something with a lid) with oil and place on high heat. Cook onion for 3 minutes until softened, stirring often.
- Add garlic, capsicum, paprika and cumin; season with pepper. Cook for a minute until fragrant then mix in risoni and cook a further minute, stirring to coat in spices.
- Microwave stock and water for 1 minute, then pour into the pan and bring to the boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Stir through tomatoes and zest and juice of 1 lemon, then cook a further 5 minutes, allowing a crust to form on the bottom of the pan, until risoni is almost tender.
- Gently stir through parsley and peas, then press seafood into the top of risoni and cook, covered, for 5 minutes or until prawns change colour and other seafood is cooked through.
- To serve, garnish with extra parsley and lemon wedges.
- To spice it up, add a chopped red chilli or cayenne pepper, to taste.
- Replace cherry tomatoes with two chopped tomatoes.
- Substitute marinara mix with peeled uncooked (green) prawns.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||2046 kJ||294 kJ|
|Protein||44.4 g||6.4 g|
|Fat, total||7.4 g||1.1 g|
|— saturated||1.7 g||0.2 g|
|Carbohydrate||53.6 g||7.7 g|
|— sugars||10.1 g||1.4 g|
|Sodium||991 mg||142 mg|
|Fibre||11.5 g||1.7 g|
You might also like
Spicy B.B.Q. Fish with Mango Salad
The perfect Summer dish, inspired by the tastes of the Kimberley.
Crab Salad With Noodles
Infused with Asian flavours, this noodle salad is a light but satisfying meal ready in less than 30 mins!