Healthy Kangaroo Salad Recipe
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 250 g kangaroo meat, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 400 g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 continental or 2 large Lebanese cucumber, diced
- 1 avocado, peeled, seeded and diced
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup coriander stalks and leaves, chopped
- 1 tbs dried mixed herbs
- 1 tbs chives, chopped
- For the dressing:
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- Heat canola oil in a frying pan. Add kangaroo and cook to your liking.
- In a large salad bowl, mix together red onion, tomatoes, cucumber, avocado, baby spinach leaves and cooked kangaroo.
- Add coriander, mixed herbs and chives to salad. Place salad on a platter or in a bowl.
- Make the dressing. Add olive oil, lime juice and chilli into a jar. Put the lid on the jar and shake.
- Drizzle dressing onto salad and serve.
Recipe from More Deadly Tucker cookbook (2013), North Metropolitan Health Service © State of Western Australia, reproduced with permission. Order the More Deadly Tucker cookbook here.
Start to LiveLighter today
Become a member for free and receive your personalised meal plan.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||1106 kJ||358 kJ|
|Protein||14.1 g||4.6 g|
|Fat, total||19.4 g||6.3 g|
|— saturated||3.9 g||1.3 g|
|Carbohydrate||5.5 g||1.8 g|
|— sugars||4.9 g||1.6 g|
|Sodium||40 mg||13 mg|
|Fibre||6.1 g||2 g|
You might also like
'More than a Handful' Beef Burger With Coleslaw
It won't take long to whip up these juicy burgers complete with a crunchy coleslaw.