- 2 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbs wholegrain mustard
- 500 g lean beef, fat trimmed
- 2 tbs freshly squeezed orange juice
- 4 cups mixed salad or baby spinach leaves
- 420 g can no-added-salt cannelini or butter beans, drained
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, sliced into half moons
- 1/2 red onion, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 fat-free semi-sundried tomatoes, chopped
- Combine balsamic vinegar and mustard together in a cup. Pour half the mixture into a non-metal dish. Add steaks, turning to coat with the marinade. Add orange juice to remaining vinegar mixture and set aside.
- Spray a griddle or large non-stick frypan with oil and place on medium to high heat. Drain steaks well and discard marinade. Grill for 3 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking.
- Remove from heat, cover and set aside to rest for 3 minutes before slicing thinly.
- Place salad leaves, beans, cucumber, onion and tomatoes in a large bowl. Pour over orange juice dressing and toss to combine.
- Top with steak and serve immediately.
Cover and refrigerate beef for as long as time permits, from 30 minutes to overnight.
Try mustard instead of mayonnaise to add extra flavour to your salads and sandwiches.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||1194 kJ||414 kJ|
|Protein||35.4 g||12.3 g|
|Fat, total||6.4 g||2.2 g|
|— saturated||1.9 g||0.6 g|
|Carbohydrate||17.4 g||6 g|
|— sugars||10.7 g||3.7 g|
|Sodium||281.8 mg||97.7 mg|
|Fibre||8.4 g||2.9 g|
You might also like
'More than a Handful' Beef Burger With Coleslaw
It won't take long to whip up these juicy burgers complete with a crunchy coleslaw.