- 2 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbs wholegrain mustard
- 500 g lean beef, fat trimmed
- 2 tbs freshly squeezed orange juice
- 4 cups mixed salad or baby spinach leaves
- 420 g can no-added-salt cannelini or butter beans, drained
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, sliced into half moons
- 1/2 red onion, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 fat-free semi-sundried tomatoes, chopped
- Combine balsamic vinegar and mustard together in a cup. Pour half the mixture into a non-metal dish. Add steaks, turning to coat with the marinade. Add orange juice to remaining vinegar mixture and set aside.
- Spray a griddle or large non-stick frypan with oil and place on medium to high heat. Drain steaks well and discard marinade. Grill for 3 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking.
- Remove from heat, cover and set aside to rest for 3 minutes before slicing thinly.
- Place salad leaves, beans, cucumber, onion and tomatoes in a large bowl. Pour over orange juice dressing and toss to combine.
- Top with steak and serve immediately.
Cover and refrigerate beef for as long as time permits, from 30 minutes to overnight.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||1194 kJ||414 kJ|
|Protein||35.4 g||12.3 g|
|Fat, total||6.4 g||2.2 g|
|— saturated||1.9 g||0.6 g|
|Carbohydrate||17.4 g||6 g|
|— sugars||10.7 g||3.7 g|
|Sodium||281.8 mg||97.7 mg|
|Fibre||8.4 g||2.9 g|
You might also like
The simple lime and chilli dressing brings out the flavours of this bright and fresh salad.