Healthy Iced Latte Recipe
- 2 tsp instant coffee
- 1 1/2 cups reduced-fat milk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 handful ice cubes
- Mix all ingredients (except ice) together in a jug and taste. If sweet enough for your tastebuds go to step 2. Otherwise, add ½ tsp of sugar at a time (up to a max of 2 tsp) until sweet enough.
- Pour into 2 tall glasses, add ice and serve immediately.
- Use a shot of espresso or plunger coffee in place of instant coffee.
- You can substitute cow’s milk with a plant-based milk alternative like soy (choose one that is fortified with calcium).
Serving Suggestion: Freeze any leftover iced latte in ice cube trays and use in your next drink instead of ice. This will result in a drink that is more concentrated and higher in sugar than on the nutrition information panel for this recipe.
Comment: Please note, nutrition information shown is for the recipe prepared with cow's milk and without the addition of sugar. If the recipe is prepared with cow's milk and 1 tsp of sugar per serving then the total sugar will be 14.4 g per serving and 5.5 g per 100g.
Having a party? Serve vegie sticks and water crackers with salsa rather than high-fat chips and dips.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||388 kJ||150 kJ|
|Protein||7.3 g||2.8 g|
|Fat, total||2.3 g||0.9 g|
|— saturated||1.6 g||0.6 g|
|Carbohydrate||10.2 g||3.9 g|
|— sugars||10.2 g||3.9 g|
|Sodium||73 mg||28 mg|
|Fibre||0.3 g||0.1 g|