Healthy Watermelon Fizz Recipe
- 1 cup watermelon, fresh or frozen
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 cup water, cold
- 3 tsp lime juice
- 1 1/3 cups no-added-sugar raspberry flavoured sparkling water, cold
- 2 tsp mint leaves, to serve, optional
- Add watermelon, sugar, water and lime juice to a blender or jug that can be used with a stick blender. Blitz until smooth. This can also be done with a fork or potato masher if you don’t mind it a little chunkier.
- Just before serving, divide into glasses and top up with 2/3 cup of sparkling water per glass.
- Decorate with fresh mint if desired.
Variation: If you'd like an even lower sugar option skip the table sugar altogether and let the sweetness of the watermelon shine through.
Serving Suggestion: Slap the mint leaves between your palms to get a stronger flavour out of them.
Having a party? Serve vegie sticks and water crackers with salsa rather than high-fat chips and dips.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||189 kJ||59 kJ|
|Protein||0.6 g||0.2 g|
|Fat, total||0 g||0 g|
|— saturated||0 g||0 g|
|Carbohydrate||10.2 g||3.2 g|
|— sugars||9.9 g||3.1 g|
|Sodium||13 mg||4 mg|
|Fibre||0.7 g||0.2 g|
You might also like
Warm Broccoli Dip
Great with vegetable sticks and crackers, this healthy dip is a real crowd pleaser!