- 1 small zucchini, grated
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 orange, juiced
- 1 cup wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1 tbs sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat milk
- olive or canola oil spray
- Put the orange juice, zucchini and carrot in a small saucepan and cook until vegetables are soft, about 3 minutes.
- Sift flour into a bowl.
- Add the sugar, egg and milk and mix to make a smooth batter.
- Mix the cooked vegetables into the batter.
- Heat a frying pan and lightly spray with oil.
- Drop tablespoons of mixture into the frying pan and cook until bubbles appear, then flip over and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
Comment: Storage: Store in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Tip: Pikelets can be cooked on a flat, non-stick sandwich press
Having a party? Serve vegie sticks and water crackers with salsa rather than high-fat chips and dips.
Start to LiveLighter today
Become a member for free and receive your personalised meal plan.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||174 kJ||544 kJ|
|Protein||1.5 g||4.7 g|
|Fat, total||0.7 g||2.3 g|
|— saturated||0.2 g||0.6 g|
|Carbohydrate||6.7 g||20.9 g|
|— sugars||2.1 g||6.7 g|
|Sodium||56 mg||174 mg|
|Fibre||1.1 g||3.6 g|