Healthy All Year Round Fruit Salad Recipe
- 2 cups melon (watermelon, rockmelon or honeydew), peeled and chopped
- 1 banana, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 pineapple, cored and chopped
- 1 kiwifruit, peeled and chopped
- pulp of 3 passionfruit
- 2 oranges, juiced
- Combine all fruit in a large serving bowl.
- Stir through passionfruit and pour over juice and mix.
Make sure orange juice is poured over any fruits that discolour quickly, e.g. bananas, pears and apples.
Recipe from Healthy Food Fast © State of Western Australia, 2012. Reproduced with permission
Variation: All fruits can be used in this salad. When in season, use stone fruits, grapes, mangoes and strawberries.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||292 kJ||179 kJ|
|Protein||1.4 g||0.8 g|
|Fat, total||0.2 g||0.2 g|
|— saturated||0.1 g||0 g|
|Carbohydrate||13.3 g||8.1 g|
|— sugars||12.8 g||7.9 g|
|Sodium||14.3 mg||8.8 mg|
|Fibre||3.6 g||2.2 g|