Healthy Tropical Fruit Jelly Recipe
- 2 cups unsweetened apple juice
- 3 tsp powdered gelatine
- 1/2 tsp coconut essence, optional
- 1 medium peach, diced or 3/4 cup canned peaches in natural juice, drained
- 1 small banana, peeled and diced
- 1/2 small mango, peeled, seeded and diced
- pulp of 2 passionfruit
- Place ½ cup juice and gelatine into a 1-litre microwave safe jug. Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute to boil and dissolve gelatine.
- Mix well while pouring in remaining juice and essence.
- Divide fruit among four 250ml (1-cup) capacity serving glasses.
- Pour juice over fruit and carefully stir with a teaspoon to distribute fruit through jelly.
- Cover each glass with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight until set.
These jellies are best made 6 to 8 hours before serving. If left for more than 24 hours, the fruit will begin to soften in the jelly.
Variation: Use any fruit you like in this recipe, except pineapple, pawpaw or kiwifruit, which contain an enzyme which may prevent the gelatine from setting.
Serving Suggestion: For children, serve jelly in plastic cups or orange halves.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||445 kJ||200 kJ|
|Protein||3.3 g||1.5 g|
|Fat, total||0.2 g||0.1 g|
|— saturated||0 g||0 g|
|Carbohydrate||21.4 g||9.6 g|
|— sugars||20.5 g||9.2 g|
|Sodium||19.9 mg||9 mg|
|Fibre||3 g||1.4 g|