Healthy Rhubarb & Pear Crumble Recipe
- 4 pears, peeled, cored and diced
- 2 cups rhubarb, diced
- 2 tbs sugar
- 2 tbs water
- 2 tbs honey
- 2 tsp margarine
- 1 1/2 cups untoasted muesli
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place pears, rhubarb, sugar and water in a saucepan, cover and cook for 8–10 minutes until softened.
- Spoon fruit into an ovenproof dish.
- Combine honey and margarine in a small bowl and microwave on HIGH (100%) for 20 seconds.
- In a separate bowl, combine muesli and flour.
- Stir in honey mixture,mixing until the crumble resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
- Spread over fruit and bake for 20–30 minutes until golden. Serve hot.
Recipe from Healthy Food Fast © State of Western Australia, 2012. Reproduced with permission.
Variation: Substitute nashi fruit or apples for pears.
Comment: This recipe contains 1 tsp of added sugar per serving
Start to LiveLighter today
Become a member for free and receive your personalised meal plan.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||908 kJ||442 kJ|
|Protein||4.4 g||2.1 g|
|Fat, total||2.6 g||1.2 g|
|— saturated||0.6 g||0.3 g|
|Carbohydrate||40.8 g||19.9 g|
|— sugars||24.5 g||11.9 g|
|Sodium||27.9 mg||13.6 mg|
|Fibre||7.2 g||3.5 g|