Healthy Warm Roasted Vegetable Salad Recipe
- 300 g butternut pumpkin, peeled and chopped into 2cm cubes
- 2 potatoes , peeled and chopped into 2cm cubes
- 1 capsicum, seeded and cut into 2-3cm pieces
- 1 onion, chopped into eighths
- 100 g flat mushrooms, quartered
- olive or canola oil spray
- 1 bunch English spinach leaves, washed
- 1 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbs honey
- 1 tbs basil leaves, chopped
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Place pumpkin and potato in a microwave dish with a little water, cover with cling film and cook in microwave on HIGH (100%) for 4 minutes.
- Toss pumpkin, potato, capsicum, onion and mushrooms together then spread in a single layer over tray. Lightly spray with oil. Bake for 30-40 minutes, turning after 15 minutes.
- Mix vinegar, olive oil, honey and basil in a small bowl to make the dressing.
- When vegetables are cooked, pour over dressing.
- Line serving dish with spinach leaves and pile roast vegetables on top. Serve immediately.
Recipe from Healthy Food Fast © State of Western Australia, 2012. Reproduced with permission.
Start to LiveLighter today
Become a member for free and receive your personalised meal plan.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||604 kJ||227 kJ|
|Protein||6.8 g||2.5 g|
|Fat, total||1.8 g||0.7 g|
|— saturated||0.3 g||0.1 g|
|Carbohydrate||22.4 g||8.4 g|
|— sugars||11.5 g||4.3 g|
|Sodium||38 mg||14.3 mg|
|Fibre||5.6 g||2.1 g|
You might also like
Roasted Pumpkin & Salad Sandwich
A creative vegetarian combo - a great way to use leftover roasted pumpkin!