Healthy Quick B.B.Q. Vegetables Recipe
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 large red onion, cut into wedges
- 3 flat mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 3 baby eggplants, halved lengthways
- 3 baby zucchinis , halved lengthways
- 1 red capsicum, seeded and cut into six
- 3 yellow squash, halved
- 3 tomatoes, halved
- olive or canola oil spray
- Combine oil and juice in a small bowl. Brush vegetables with this mixture.
- Heat barbecue and lightly spray with oil. Barbecue vegetables until tender (about 10 minutes depending on thickness), turning after 5 minutes.
Leave root end of onion intact to avoid falling apart.
If a barbecue is unavailable, use a heavy pan with grill markings on a gas hotplate, or place vegetables under a grill on a foil-covered tray, turning after 5 minutes.
Recipe from Healthy Food Fast © State of Western Australia, 2012. Reproduced with permission.
Start to LiveLighter today
Become a member for free and receive your personalised meal plan.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||614 kJ||134 kJ|
|Protein||7.2 g||1.6 g|
|Fat, total||4.9 g||1.1 g|
|— saturated||0.8 g||0.2 g|
|Carbohydrate||13.5 g||3 g|
|— sugars||13 g||2.8 g|
|Sodium||23.7 mg||5.2 mg|
|Fibre||10.2 g||2.2 g|