Healthy Potato & Beetroot Salad Recipe
- 5 medium potatoes , cut into chunks
- 4 medium beetroot
- 4 spring onions (including green tops), sliced
- 2 sticks celery, sliced
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, sliced
- 1/2 cup sultanas
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs red wine vinegar
- 1 tbs orange juice
- 3 tbs fresh herbs (parsley, mint, coriander and/or basil), chopped
- Steam potatoes for 15-20 minutes until tender.
- Boil unpeeled beetroot for 30-40 minutes until tender. Cool, peel and cut into wedges.
- Mix all salad ingredients in a serving bowl.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a screw-top jar and shake well to make the dressing.
- Toss through salad and serve immediately.
Salad can be prepared beforehand but do not add beetroot and dressing until just before serving as the beetroot will colour the potato and cucumber.
Recipe from Healthy Food Fast © State of Western Australia, 2012. Reproduced with permission.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||724 kJ||341 kJ|
|Protein||4.2 g||2 g|
|Fat, total||3.3 g||1.6 g|
|— saturated||0.5 g||0.3 g|
|Carbohydrate||29.6 g||13.9 g|
|— sugars||15.3 g||7.2 g|
|Sodium||44.4 mg||20.9 mg|
|Fibre||4.5 g||2.1 g|
You might also like
Banish lunchtime boredom with a rainbow of colours packed between slices of fresh bread.