Healthy Berry Bircher Muesli Recipe
- 2 cups rolled oats, uncooked
- 1/2 cup sultanas
- 1 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1 cup water
- 2 apples, core removed, coarsely grated with skin on
- 2/3 cup low-fat natural yoghurt
- 2 cups strawberries or other berries, fresh or thawed from frozen
- Place oats, sultanas, juice and water in a 2-litre container with a lid.
- Mix to combine, cover and refrigerate for at least an hour, preferably overnight.
- Just before serving, stir in apple and yoghurt and top with berries.
- Replace apple juice with unsweetened orange or pineapple juice.
- Replace sultanas with mixed dried fruit, currants, diced dried apricot or figs.
- Stir through a tablespoon of toasted nuts such as almonds, pistachios or hazelnuts, just before serving.
Serving Suggestion: Top with passionfruit pulp and other seasonal fruit including sliced bananas, papaya or pear.
Love sweet coffee? Try reducing the amount of sugar you have a quarter of a teaspoon at a time to trick your taste buds!
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||1506 kJ||377 kJ|
|Protein||9.7 g||2.4 g|
|Fat, total||4.4 g||1.1 g|
|— saturated||0.8 g||0.2 g|
|Carbohydrate||66.1 g||16.6 g|
|— sugars||37.5 g||9.4 g|
|Sodium||50.1 mg||12.5 mg|
|Fibre||8.6 g||2.2 g|