Healthy Pesto Baked Mushroom Recipe
- 250 g punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 4 large flat field or Portobello mushrooms
- 1 tbs basil pesto
- 4 wholegrain English muffins, halved
- basil leaves, torn, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced).
- Place tomatoes on a tray lined with baking paper and drizzle with vinegar.
- Trim mushroom stems and spread pesto onto the underside of the mushrooms.
- Add mushrooms to the tray and bake for 20 minutes.
- Just prior to serving, toast muffins and place on plates.
- Top muffins with mushroom, divide tomatoes between plates and sprinkle with basil. Serve immediately.
- Replace cherry tomatoes with 4 halved Roma tomatoes. Cut a thin slice off the base of each so they sit flat while baking.
- Instead of basil pesto, try sundried tomato or chilli pesto.
Start to LiveLighter today
Become a member for free and receive your personalised meal plan.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||831 kJ||492 kJ|
|Protein||9.2 g||5.5 g|
|Fat, total||3 g||1.8 g|
|— saturated||0.5 g||0.3 g|
|Carbohydrate||31.3 g||18.5 g|
|— sugars||2.8 g||1.7 g|
|Sodium||404.6 mg||239.5 mg|
|Fibre||3.5 g||2 g|
You might also like
Mexicorn Salsa Toast Topper
Try a different topper on a piece of toast each day of the working week!