Healthy Grilled Salmon With Brown Rice Salad Recipe
- 2 cups cooked brown rice (from 1 cup uncooked rice)
- 6 spring onions (including green tops), thinly sliced
- 1 medium red capsicum, seeded and finely diced
- 1 medium yellow capsicum, seeded and finely diced
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup currants
- 4 x 100 g salmon fillet
- olive or canola oil spray
- 1 bunch bok choy, quartered
- 1/2 cup unsalted roasted cashews, roughly chopped, to serve
- 1 tbs reduced-salt soy sauce
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- In a large bowl, mix together cooked rice, spring onions, capsicums, parsley and currants.
- To make dressing, combine soy sauce, vinegar, honey, sesame oil and lemon juice in a cup. Pour over salad and stir through well.
- Place a metal steamer into a large saucepan with a few centimetres of water. Add bok choy and bring to the boil. Steam with lid on for 3 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile heat a griddle, barbeque grill or large non-stick frypan on high. Lightly spray each side of salmon with oil, season with pepper. Reduce heat to medium and cook salmon for 3 minutes each side until golden brown and just cooked.
- Top rice salad with cashews then spoon onto serving plates.
- Add bok choy and salmon fillets; serve immediately.
Variation: Bok choy can be microwaved in a covered dish with a tablespoon of water on HIGH/100% for 2-3 minutes until just cooked.
Serving Suggestion: Brown rice salad is a great side dish at barbeques. It can be pre-made and refrigerated for 3 days, but cashews are best added just before serving. For best results, add dressing to the brown rice while still warm.
We are family! Enjoy some quality time together at the dinner table and switch off all other distractions.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||2421 kJ||651 kJ|
|Protein||33 g||9 g|
|Fat, total||24 g||6 g|
|— saturated||5 g||1 g|
|Carbohydrate||55 g||15 g|
|— sugars||20 g||5 g|
|Sodium||268 mg||72 mg|
|Fibre||6 g||2 g|