Healthy Tropical Fruit Smoothie Recipe
- 1/2 ripe banana, frozen, roughly chopped
- 1 cheek mango, frozen, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup canned pineapple slice in natural juice, undrained
- 1 cup reduced-fat milk
- pulp of 1 large passionfruit
- Place frozen fruit, pineapple and milk into a blender jug; blend until smooth.
- Pour into 2 serving glasses.
- Spoon pulp of half a passionfruit on top of each smoothie; serve immediately.
Mango flesh and ripe peeled bananas can be frozen in ziplock bags for use in smoothies and fruit sorbet. Freeze for several hours or overnight before blending.
Having a party? Serve vegie sticks and water crackers with salsa rather than high-fat chips and dips.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||592 kJ||232 kJ|
|Protein||6 g||2.4 g|
|Fat, total||2.1 g||0.8 g|
|— saturated||1.2 g||0.5 g|
|Carbohydrate||23.5 g||9.2 g|
|— sugars||22.7 g||8.9 g|
|Sodium||53.3 mg||20.9 mg|
|Fibre||2.7 g||1.1 g|
You might also like
Sweet Potato Cheese Muffins
Whip up a batch of these for a quick brekky on the go or a delicious light snack!
Warm Broccoli Dip
Great with vegetable sticks and crackers, this healthy dip is a real crowd pleaser!