Berry fruit jellies
- 2 cups no-added-sugar apple and blackcurrant juice
- 3 tsp powdered gelatine
- 1/2 tsp rosewater essence, optional
- 250 g strawberries, quartered or 300g frozen mixed berries or blueberries
- Place ½ cup juice and gelatine into a 1-litre microwave safe jug. Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute to boil and dissolve gelatine.
- Mix well while pouring in remaining juice and essence.
- Divide fruit among four 250ml (1-cup) capacity serving glasses.
- Pour juice over fruit and carefully stir with a teaspoon to distribute fruit through jelly.
- Cover each glass with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight until set.
These jellies are best made 6 to 8 hours before serving. If left for more than 24 hours, the fruit will begin to soften in the jelly.
Rosewater essence is found in baking aisle of supermarket with other flavourings and vanilla. It is inexpensive and adds a subtle sophisticated ‘Turkish delight’ flavour.
|per serve||per 100g|
|Energy||305 kJ||155 kJ|
|Protein||3.3 g||1.7 g|
|Fat, total||0.1 g||0 g|
|— saturated||0 g||0 g|
|Carbohydrate||14.8 g||7.6 g|
|— sugars||14.8 g||7.6 g|
|Sodium||23.6 mg||12 mg|
|Fibre||0.9 g||0.4 g|