Healthy Coco Mango Chia Pudding Recipe
- 1 tbs maple syrup or golden syrup
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened UHT coconut milk (tetra-packed from the soy milk section of the supermarket, not the canned kind)
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 2 tsp dessicated coconut
- 1 mango, peeled, seeded and diced
- Place maple syrup in a 500mL capacity jar or container with a sealed lid, pour in some of the milk and shake to dissolve the syrup.
- Add remaining milk, chia seeds and half the coconut. Shake and pour into 4 small serving glasses. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Serve chilled, topped with diced mango and sprinkled with remaining coconut.
- This recipe works with any milk or milk alternative (eg. soy or almond milk).
- Replace mango with any fruit you like. Sliced bananas, tinned peaches and berries work well.
- Include 2 teaspoons cocoa with chia seeds for a chocolatey taste.
- For chai flavoured puddings, add a teaspoon of ground cinnamon plus a pinch of cardamom and cloves.
Serving Suggestion: Puddings are best made 4 to 8 hours before serving.
Comment: 1/3 cup chia seeds is about 50 g.
Start to LiveLighter today
Become a member for free and receive your personalised meal plan.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||626 kJ||333 kJ|
|Protein||4.2 g||2.2 g|
|Fat, total||7.1 g||3.8 g|
|— saturated||2.7 g||1.4 g|
|Carbohydrate||14.5 g||7.7 g|
|— sugars||13 g||6.9 g|
|Sodium||11 mg||6 mg|
|Fibre||6.6 g||3.5 g|
You might also like
Nectarine & Berry Salad
These delicious fruits are tossed in a sweet vanilla dressing with a hint of mint.
Pear & Date Parcels with Orange Ricotta Cream
Crisp filo parcels with a warm, spiced filling and citrus cream.