Healthy Potato & Lentil Dahl Recipe
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 4 potatoes , cut into chunks
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 cup water
- 440 no-added-salt diced tomatoes
- 440 g can no-added-salt brown lentils, drained and rinsed
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and potato. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes until the onion is soft.
- Add spices and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until you can small the flavours.
- Add the water and tomatoes.
- Turn up the heat and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes or until liquid reduces by half.
- Add the lentils to the potato mixture.
- Cook for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Substitute ground cumin for 1 tablespoon of curry powder.
- Garnish with fresh coriander.
On a budget? If fresh produce is not available or is too expensive, try canned or frozen fruit and veg!
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||957 kJ||244 kJ|
|Protein||9.4 g||2.4 g|
|Fat, total||5.5 g||1.4 g|
|— saturated||0.7 g||0.2 g|
|Carbohydrate||31.3 g||8 g|
|— sugars||6.9 g||1.8 g|
|Sodium||385 mg||98 mg|
|Fibre||6.7 g||1.7 g|
You might also like
Corn Noodle Cakes 3-2-1
You wouldn't believe there's 3 serves of vegetables jammed into these tasty fritters!
Sticky Tofu Noodles 3-2-1
A good quality curry paste is a great shortcut to adding a flavour punch to tofu.