Healthy Pork Medallions With Chargrilled Potato Salad Recipe
- 3/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 1/2 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbs wholegrain mustard
- 500 g pork loin medallion, fat trimmed
- olive or canola oil spray
- 500 g baby potatoes
- 150 g mixed salad or baby spinach leaves
- 1 red capsicum, seeded and sliced into strips
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 250 g punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 420 g can no-added-salt cannelini or butter beans, drained
- Combine orange juice, vinegar and mustard together in a cup. Pour half the mixture into a non-metal dish, add pork and turn to coat with the marinade. Cover, refrigerate and marinate for as long as time permits, anywhere between 30 minutes to several hours.
- Microwave potatoes in a covered bowl with a tablespoon of water for 10-12 minutes on HIGH or until just tender. Allow to cool slightly then cut each in half.
- Spray a barbecue, char-grill or griddle with oil and heat to medium-high heat. Cook potatoes on grill for 4-5 minutes each side until lightly charred, set aside.
- Drain pork well and discard marinade. Grill pork for 5-7 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking. Remove from heat, cover and set aside to rest for 5 minutes.
- Place salad leaves, capsicum, onion, tomatoes, beans and potatoes in a large bowl. Pour over remaining orange dressing and toss to combine.
- Divide salad among serving plates, add pork and serve immediately.
Start to LiveLighter today
Become a member for free and receive your personalised meal plan.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||1520 kJ||344 kJ|
|Protein||37.9 g||8.6 g|
|Fat, total||9.1 g||2.1 g|
|— saturated||1.7 g||0.4 g|
|Carbohydrate||28 g||6.4 g|
|— sugars||8.9 g||2 g|
|Sodium||283.2 mg||64.2 mg|
|Fibre||8.3 g||1.9 g|
You might also like
Five-Spice Hoisin Pork with Cauliflower Mash
Asian-inspired tender baked pork served with mash and colourful vegetables.
Cottage Kangaroo Pie
Perfect for a cold winter's night, this shepherd's pie is packed full of flavour.