Healthy Tomato Soup Recipe
- 2 x 400 g cans no-added-salt diced tomatoes
- 2 tbs no-added-salt tomato paste
- 1 tsp reduced-salt vegetable stock
- 400 g can no-added-salt red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup frozen corn kernel
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander, optional
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin, optional
- Add all ingredients plus one can filled with water (1½ cups) to a medium saucepan.
- Cook over high heat until the soup boils. Stir for 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 20 minutes or until the soup reduces and thickens.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||577 kJ||197 kJ|
|Protein||6.8 g||2.3 g|
|Fat, total||1.1 g||0.4 g|
|— saturated||0.1 g||0 g|
|Carbohydrate||20.7 g||7.1 g|
|— sugars||9.7 g||3.3 g|
|Sodium||450 mg||153.7 mg|
|Fibre||7.7 g||2.6 g|
You might also like
The sweetness of the peas and carrots makes this a tasty and vegie-packed version of felafel
Zucchini Quiche with Rice Crust
A creative way to use up leftover rice that will be perfect for a picnic treat!