Healthy Chickpea Curry Recipe
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbs ground cumin
- 1 tbs ground coriander
- 1 tbs curry powder
- 1 x 400g can no-added-salt chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 zucchini, chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 1 cup frozen green bean
- 400 g can no-added-salt diced tomatoes
- 165 g can reduced-fat coconut milk
- 4 cups steamed rice (from 2 cups uncooked rice)
- Heat oil in a non-stick frypan or pot and fry onions, garlic and spices for 2 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer with the lid off for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve with rice.
Variation: You can use a variety of vegetables in this curry. Potatoes, broccoli, cauliflower and capsicum all work well.
Comment: If you like a mild curry, or your spices are very fresh (and therefore strong), start with half the amount of curry powder, cumin and coriander.
Chilli, lemon and herbs add flavour - great alternatives to butter and salt!
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||1734 kJ||341 kJ|
|Protein||11.1 g||2.2 g|
|Fat, total||7.3 g||1.4 g|
|— saturated||2.9 g||0.6 g|
|Carbohydrate||69.8 g||13.7 g|
|— sugars||9.7 g||1.9 g|
|Sodium||313.8 mg||61.7 mg|
|Fibre||10.7 g||2.1 g|
You might also like
Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Roasted Tomato Cream
This tasty sweet potato gnocchi is a favourite in the LiveLighter team.