Healthy Chickpea Curry Recipe
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbs ground cumin
- 1 tbs ground coriander
- 1 tbs curry powder
- 1 x 400g can no-added-salt chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 zucchini, chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 1 cup frozen green bean
- 400 g can no-added-salt diced tomatoes
- 165 g can reduced-fat coconut milk
- 4 cups steamed rice (from 2 cups uncooked rice)
- Heat oil in a non-stick frypan or pot and fry onions, garlic and spices for 2 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer with the lid off for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve with rice.
Variation: You can use a variety of vegetables in this curry. Potatoes, broccoli, cauliflower and capsicum all work well.
Comment: If you like a mild curry, or your spices are very fresh (and therefore strong), start with half the amount of curry powder, cumin and coriander.
We are family! Enjoy some quality time together at the dinner table and switch off all other distractions.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||1734 kJ||341 kJ|
|Protein||11.1 g||2.2 g|
|Fat, total||7.3 g||1.4 g|
|— saturated||2.9 g||0.6 g|
|Carbohydrate||69.8 g||13.7 g|
|— sugars||9.7 g||1.9 g|
|Sodium||313.8 mg||61.7 mg|
|Fibre||10.7 g||2.1 g|
You might also like
Corn Noodle Cakes 3-2-1
You wouldn't believe there's 3 serves of vegetables jammed into these tasty fritters!