Healthy Teriyaki Chicken Drumsticks With Brown Rice Salad Recipe
- For the chicken:
- 2 tbs plain flour
- 2 tbs water
- 1 tbs sugar
- 1/4 cup reduced-salt soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp fresh ginger
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- For the salad:
- 3 cups cooked brown rice (from 1 cup uncooked rice)
- 6 spring onions (including green tops), sliced
- 1 green capsicum, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup sultanas
- 1 cup frozen corn kernel
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- For the dressing:
- 2 tbs reduced-salt soy sauce
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- In a small saucepan, combine the ingredients for the teriyaki chicken sauce and mix well.
- Over a low heat, cook the sauce, stirring frequently until it thickens and bubbles.
- Place the chicken drumsticks in a large baking dish and pour over the sauce and mix so chicken is coated.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Then turn the chicken over and bake for another 20 minutes or until no longer pink and juices run clear.
- In a large salad bowl, place rice and remaining ingredients and mix well.
We are family! Enjoy some quality time together at the dinner table and switch off all other distractions.
Start to LiveLighter today
Become a member for free and receive your personalised meal plan.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||2566 kJ||574 kJ|
|Protein||36.7 g||8.2 g|
|Fat, total||15.9 g||3.6 g|
|— saturated||4.6 g||1 g|
|Carbohydrate||77 g||17.2 g|
|— sugars||17.2 g||3.8 g|
|Sodium||1153.1 mg||257.9 mg|
|Fibre||6 g||1.3 g|
You might also like
Chicken & Noodle Lettuce Wraps
Love Sang Choy Bow? A dash of curry adds a spicy kick to this Chinese classic.