- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cups low-fat natural yoghurt
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbs mint (or 1 tablespoon dried mint), chopped
- Gently squeeze excess moisture from cucumber in paper towels.
- Combine yoghurt, garlic and mint in a small bowl.
- Stir cucumber into yoghurt mixture.
Can be stored in the refrigerator for 2 days.
Recipe from Healthy Food Fast © State of Western Australia, 2012. Reproduced with permission.
Variation: To serve as a raita dip with curry, remove garlic.
Serving Suggestion: Serve as an accompaniment to a Greek salad with pita bread.
|per serve||per 100g|
|Energy||172 kJ||191 kJ|
|Protein||4.4 g||4.9 g|
|Fat, total||0.2 g||0.3 g|
|— saturated||0.1 g||0.2 g|
|Carbohydrate||4.4 g||4.9 g|
|— sugars||4.4 g||4.8 g|
|Sodium||58.7 mg||64.8 mg|
|Fibre||0.4 g||0.4 g|