Healthy Walnut Lentil Salad Recipe
- 1 x 400g can no-added-salt brown lentils, drained
- 1/2 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 spring onions (including green tops), sliced
- 1 bunch English spinach leaves, shredded
- 150 g reduced-fat feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tbs walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup low-fat Italian salad dressing
- Combine lentils, garlic, onion, spinach and feta in a mixing bowl.
- Add tomatoes, walnuts and dressing.
Make your own low-fat Italian dressing by mixing juice from ½ lemon with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and a little Dijon mustard.
Recipe from Healthy Food Fast © State of Western Australia, 2012. Reproduced with permission.
- Use 250g cooked green beans instead of spinach.
- Replace canned lentils with 1 1/2 cups cooked lentils. Always rinse lentils and pick out stones before cooking. Cook according to packet instructions. Be careful not to overcook as they will go mushy.
Try mustard instead of mayonnaise to add extra flavour to your salads and sandwiches.
Start to LiveLighter today
Become a member for free and receive your personalised meal plan.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||523 kJ||345 kJ|
|Protein||11.2 g||7.4 g|
|Fat, total||6.1 g||4 g|
|— saturated||2.6 g||1.7 g|
|Carbohydrate||4.9 g||3.2 g|
|— sugars||1.4 g||0.9 g|
|Sodium||294.1 mg||194.1 mg|
|Fibre||3.1 g||2.1 g|