Healthy Crunchy Waldorf Salad Recipe
- 4 apples, cored and chopped
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 1 orange, cut into segments
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup low-fat natural yoghurt
- 2 tbs low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tbs parsley, chopped
- 1/2 orange, juiced
- Combine apples, celery, orange and walnuts in a bowl.
- Mix dressing ingredients in a separate bowl and pour over the salad.
- Mix thoroughly and serve.
Recipe from Healthy Food Fast © State of Western Australia, 2012. Reproduced with permission.
- Red or black grapes can be added when in season.
- Instead of walnuts, try macadamias or cashews.
Start to LiveLighter today
Become a member for free and receive your personalised meal plan.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||685 kJ||236 kJ|
|Protein||3.5 g||1.2 g|
|Fat, total||3 g||1 g|
|— saturated||0.3 g||0.1 g|
|Carbohydrate||28.1 g||9.7 g|
|— sugars||26.3 g||9.1 g|
|Sodium||149 mg||50.5 mg|
|Fibre||5.1 g||1.8 g|
You might also like
Roasted Pumpkin & Salad Sandwich
A creative vegetarian combo - a great way to use leftover roasted pumpkin!