Healthy Mixed Bean Salad Recipe
- 400 g can no-added-salt four bean mix, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, defrosted
- 1 spring onion (including green top), sliced
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs lemon juice (or vinegar)
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Combine the beans, peas, onion, tomatoes and parsley in a salad bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix the oil, lemon juice and garlic until combined.
- Pour the dressing over the bean mix and toss well to coat in the dressing.
Try mustard instead of mayonnaise to add extra flavour to your salads and sandwiches.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||716 kJ||376 kJ|
|Protein||6 g||3.2 g|
|Fat, total||9.6 g||5 g|
|— saturated||1.5 g||0.8 g|
|Carbohydrate||12.1 g||6.8 g|
|— sugars||4.6 g||2.4 g|
|Sodium||189.6 mg||99.6 mg|
|Fibre||6.4 g||3.4 g|