Healthy Zucchini Carpaccio Recipe
- 1 kg green and yellow baby zucchini, sliced into thin rounds (cutting on the diagonal)
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 2 lemons, zested and juiced
- 1 tbs wholegrain mustard
- 100 g flaked almonds, lightly toasted
- 1 bunch mint leaves, torn
- Place the yellow and green zucchini in a bowl.
- Combine the oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, mustard and pepper in a small bowl. Mix well to make the dressing.
- Toss the dressing gently through the zucchini, ensuring it coats all the slices. Leave to marinate for 10 minutes.
- When ready to serve, spread the zucchini slices and their dressing across a platter. Scatter with almonds, mint and freshly ground pepper. Serve immediately.
**LIVELIGHTER SUMMER BBQ RECIPE COMPETITION FINALIST**
Submitted by Pip Laufmann of City Beach
- Substitute the baby zucchini for normal zucchini, cut thinly.
- For extra crunch, use slivered instead of flaked almonds.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with grilled scallops.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||1310 kJ||441 kJ|
|Protein||7.4 g||2.5 g|
|Fat, total||28.4 g||9.6 g|
|— saturated||3 g||1 g|
|Carbohydrate||5.3 g||1.8 g|
|— sugars||5.2 g||1.8 g|
|Sodium||43.9 mg||14.8 mg|
|Fibre||5.8 g||2 g|