Healthy Apple Porridge Recipe
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 4 cups water
- 1 apple, cored and thinly sliced
- reduced-fat milk, to serve
- Combine all ingredients in a microwave-safe bowl with high sides.
- Microwave on HIGH for 8 minutes, stopping and stirring every 2 minutes.
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to a slow boil and then reduce the heat to low.
- Cook porridge, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes or until thick.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with milk.
Start to LiveLighter today
Become a member for free and receive your personalised meal plan.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||979 kJ||275 kJ|
|Protein||8 g||2 g|
|Fat, total||5 g||1 g|
|— saturated||1 g||0.4 g|
|Carbohydrate||37 g||10 g|
|— sugars||9 g||2 g|
|Sodium||29 mg||8 mg|
|Fibre||5 g||2 g|