- 1 head cauliflower
- 3 medium potatoes , peeled and diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 L salt-reduced chicken or vegetable stock
- 500 mL water
- 500 mL reduced-fat milk
- pepper, to taste
- chives, chopped, to serve
- 6 wholegrain dinner rolls, to serve
- Roughly chop cauliflower, including stalk to no larger than 1cm cubes.
- Add to a large pot with potato, onion, garlic, stock and water. Place over high heat, bring to the boil then simmer over medium heat, covered, for 20 minutes until cauliflower stalk is tender.
- Remove from heat, add 400mL milk and puree with a stick blender or in batches in a food processor. If desired, stir though more milk for a thinner consistency.
- Ladle soup into bowls, season with pepper, sprinkle with chives and serve with a dinner roll.
Not suitable to freeze.
Variation: For a spicy version, replace onion with a diced leek and cook with garlic in olive oil spray until softened. Add a teaspoon of curry powder or 2 teaspoons of ground cumin and cook off for a minute until fragrant before adding remaining soup ingredients.
Try mustard instead of mayonnaise to add extra flavour to your salads and sandwiches.
Start to LiveLighter today
Become a member for free and receive your personalised meal plan.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||1594 kJ||207 kJ|
|Protein||21.1 g||2.7 g|
|Fat, total||5 g||0.7 g|
|— saturated||1.4 g||0.2 g|
|Carbohydrate||55.7 g||7.2 g|
|— sugars||14.8 g||1.9 g|
|Sodium||1343.2 mg||174.5 mg|
|Fibre||13.3 g||1.7 g|