- olive or canola oil spray
- 1 large onion, peeled and diced
- 500 g lean beef mince
- 2 tsp ground cumin or ground coriander
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tbs no-added-salt tomato paste
- 1 medium zucchini, grated
- 1 red capsicum, finely diced
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- 420 g can reduced-salt corn kernels, drained and rinsed
- 400 g can no-added-salt diced tomatoes
- 400 g can no-added-salt red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 12 wholegrain or reduced-fat tortillas or soft wraps (20cm)
- 2 cups reduced-fat cheddar cheese, grated
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- 6 large lettuce leaves, shredded
- 3 spring onions (including green tops), ends trimmed, chopped
- Spray a large non-stick saucepan with oil and place on medium to high heat.
- Cook onion for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add mince and brown for 5 minutes, stirring to break up lumps.
- Mix through cumin, coriander, paprika and season with pepper; cook for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add tomato paste, stir well to combine then add zucchini, capsicum, carrot, corn kernels, tomatoes and beans.
- Simmer uncovered for 20 minutes, or longer if time permits, stirring occasionally until thickened.
- If desired, heat tortillas in the microwave for 1 minute on HIGH, or according to packet instructions.
- To serve, place 2 tortillas on each plate. Using a slotted spoon to remove excess sauce, top each tortilla with ½ cup beef mix and sprinkle with cheese. Add tomatoes, lettuce and spring onions then roll up to enclose filling.
Freezing information: allow cooked beef mix to cool before freezing in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge then reheat in the microwave or heat through on the stove.
Vegies are a great source of healthy nutrients. Try to include extra vegetables at lunch and dinner.
Start to LiveLighter today
Become a member for free and receive your personalised meal plan.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||2194 kJ||421 kJ|
|Protein||47 g||9 g|
|Fat, total||16 g||3 g|
|— saturated||7 g||1 g|
|Carbohydrate||41 g||8 g|
|— sugars||12 g||2 g|
|Sodium||1079 mg||211 mg|
|Fibre||12 g||2 g|