Healthy Honey Roasted Chickpeas Recipe
- 2 x 400g cans no-added-salt chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbs honey
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tbs ground nutmeg
- olive or canola oil spray
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan forced).
- Place well drained chickpeas between sheets of paper towel and pat gently to absorb water taking care not to rub off skins.
- Transfer to a large tray lined with baking paper; spread chickpeas evenly in a single layer. Bake for 35-40 minutes until chickpeas are lightly browned and crunchy in the centre.
- Combine remaining ingredients into a large heatproof bowl.
- Add warm cooked chickpeas.
- For a caramelised flavour, return to the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
Having a party? Serve vegie sticks and water crackers with salsa rather than high-fat chips and dips.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||849 kJ||575 kJ|
|Protein||8 g||6 g|
|Fat, total||3 g||2 g|
|— saturated||0.4 g||0.2 g|
|Carbohydrate||32 g||22 g|
|— sugars||13 g||9 g|
|Sodium||332 mg||225 mg|
|Fibre||7 g||4 g|