Healthy Summer Mango Salsa Wontons Recipe
- 1 packet wonton wrappers
- olive or canola oil spray
- 1 bunch asparagus, halved
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 long red chilli, seeded and finely chopped (optional)
- 2 tbs mint leaves, chopped
- 2 tbs lime juice, plus lime wedges
- mint leaves, extra, to serve
- slices red chilli, extra, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 200ºC (180ºC fan-forced).
2. Spray a 24-cup capacity mini muffin pan with oil.
3. Press wonton wrappers well into pan holes to form a cup which is fluted at the top.
4. Bake for 8 minutes until lightly browned and crisp.
5. Remove from muffin pans and cool.
1. Bring a medium saucepan of water to the boil.
2. Blanch asparagus in boiling water for 2–3 minutes, until tender but crisp.
3. Plunge into a bowl of cold water then drain.
4. Chop asparagus into 1cm pieces and combine in a medium bowl with mango, avocado, capsicum, onion, chilli, mint and lime juice.
5. Spoon 2 teaspoons of salsa into each wonton cup.
6. Top with shredded mint and chilli slice; serve immediately.
Wonton cups can be prepared a day in advance and stored in an airtight container until required.
Having a party? Serve vegie sticks and water crackers with salsa rather than high-fat chips and dips.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||235 kJ||601 kJ|
|Protein||1.2 g||3.1 g|
|Fat, total||3 g||7.7 g|
|— saturated||0.6 g||1.6 g|
|Carbohydrate||5.6 g||14.4 g|
|— sugars||1.3 g||3.3 g|
|Sodium||27.4 mg||69.9 mg|
|Fibre||0.9 g||2.4 g|
You might also like
Honey Roasted Chickpeas
Sweet and spicy, these baked chickpeas are a deliciously quick and healthy snack.