Healthy Crab Corn & Avocado Lettuce Boats Recipe
- 1 cos lettuce
- 420 g can no-added-salt corn kernels, drained
- 2 avocados, stoned, peeled and cut into 1cm cubes
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup chives, chopped
- 250 g cooked crab meat
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- chives, chopped, extra, to serve
- red chilli, finely diced, extra, to serve
- Break the lettuce into individual leaves. Choose 12 intact smaller inner leaves then wash, dry and set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine corn, avocado, chilli, chives, crab meat, lemon juice and season with pepper; toss gently.
- Spoon crab mixture into each lettuce leaf and arrange on a platter or serving plate.
- Garnish with extra chives and chilli, if desired; serve immediately.
Crab mixture is best made just before serving.
Use witlof or radicchio leaves instead of cos lettuce. Replace cos lettuce with baked wonton wrappers or filo pastry cups. Substitute chopped coriander or flat-leaf parsley for chives. Substitute 250g kernels cut from 2-3 cobs of cooked corn for canned corn.
Try mustard instead of mayonnaise to add extra flavour to your salads and sandwiches.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||497 kJ||519 kJ|
|119 Cal||124 Cal|
|Protein||4.7 g||4.9 g|
|Fat, total||9 g||9.4 g|
|— saturated||2 g||2.1 g|
|Carbohydrate||4 g||4.2 g|
|— sugars||1.2 g||1.3 g|
|Sodium||145.7 mg||152 mg|
|Fibre||2 g||2.1 g|
You might also like
Japanese Sesame Tuna Rice Bowl 3-2-1
These Japanese poke bowls are quick to prepare and packed full of fresh ingredients.