Healthy Butter-Less Chicken Recipe
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 capsicum, chopped
- 500 g skinless chicken breast, chopped
- 2 tsp garam marsala
- 2 tsp reduced-salt vegetable stock powder
- 2 tbs no-added-salt tomato paste
- 1 tbs cornflour
- 375 g can low-fat evaporated milk
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup reduced-fat plain yoghurt
- Heat a large frypan and spray with oil. Cook onion and garlic for 2 minutes. Add chicken. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes.
- Add garam masala and stock powder, stir to combine for 1 minute. Add tomato paste and 1/2 cup water and stir through.
- In a small bowl mix cornflour with evaporated milk, add to pan, stirring continuously until boiling. If sauce becomes too thick add water.
- Add capsicum, broccoli and frozen peas, cook for 5 minutes. Stir through Greek yoghurt.
Recipe from Foodbank WA’s Food Sensations® for Adults program, reproduced with permission www.foodbankwa.org.au/food-sensations-for-adults/
Serving Suggestion: Serve with rice and fresh coriander.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||1215 kJ||369 kJ|
|Protein||38.3 g||11.6 g|
|Fat, total||5.2 g||1.6 g|
|— saturated||2.1 g||0.7 g|
|Carbohydrate||18.5 g||5.6 g|
|— sugars||15.8 g||4.8 g|
|Sodium||466 mg||142 mg|
|Fibre||7.4 g||2.2 g|
You might also like
Chicken Pad Thai
Put your own spin on this dish by tweaking the lime, chilli and coriander to your liking.