Healthy Choc Berry Chia Pudding Recipe
- 1 tbs maple syrup or golden syrup
- 1 1/2 cups reduced-fat milk
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- 2 cups fresh or frozen berries
- Place maple syrup in a 500mL capacity jar or container with a sealed lid, pour in some of the milk and shake to dissolve the syrup.
- Add remaining milk, chia seeds and cocoa. Shake and pour into 4 small serving glasses. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Serve chilled, topped with berries.
Serving Suggestion: Puddings are best made 4 to 8 hours before serving.
Comment: *For a dairy-free alternative, switch dairy milk for your favourite milk alternative such as soy milk, almond milk or UHT coconut milk. 1/3 cup chia seeds is about 50 g.
Start to LiveLighter today
Become a member for free and receive your personalised meal plan.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||619 kJ||322 kJ|
|Protein||6.5 g||3.4 g|
|Fat, total||5.9 g||3.1 g|
|— saturated||1.3 g||0.7 g|
|Carbohydrate||13.5 g||7 g|
|— sugars||12 g||6.2 g|
|Sodium||41 mg||21 mg|
|Fibre||7.4 g||3.8 g|
You might also like
Coco Mango Chia Pudding
Perfect for your next dinner party or an on-the-go breakfast, this versatile chia pudding looks good and tastes even better!