- 1/2 tsp ground ginger, optional
- olive or canola oil spray
- 1/4 cup semolina
- 2 tbs sugar
- 600 mL reduced-fat milk
- 2 large oranges
- 1 egg white
- Preheat oven to 200ºC (180ºC fan forced).
- Lightly spray 4 small 1½ -cup capacity ovenproof bowls with oil.
- In a small saucepan, combine semolina and sugar. Add milk and stir over a medium heat until thickened and smooth. Remove from heat.
- Finely grate the orange rind from both oranges. Remove the peel from both oranges and dice flesh, removing any seeds. Stir orange flesh and finely grated rind into the semolina mixture.
- In a clean dry bowl, whisk the egg white until stiff but not dry, then fold lightly and evenly into the semolina mixture.
- Spoon into dishes and bake for 20-25 minutes until risen and golden brown.
- Serve pudding straight from the oven.
Semolina is made from durum wheat and is yellow in colour. You will find it in most supermarkets in the baking aisle.
Variation: Alternatively you can bake in a large 1.5-litre capacity overproof dish for 25-30 minutes.
Start to LiveLighter today
Become a member for free and receive your personalised meal plan.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||719 kJ||290 kJ|
|Protein||8.3 g||3.4 g|
|Fat, total||2.1 g||0.8 g|
|— saturated||1.3 g||0.5 g|
|Carbohydrate||29.2 g||11.8 g|
|— sugars||22.5 g||9.1 g|
|Sodium||76.8 mg||31 mg|
|Fibre||1.9 g||0.8 g|