Healthy Mason Jar Rainbow Salad Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups wholemeal couscous
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 350 mL boiling water
- 200 mL orange juice
- 1 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbs wholegrain mustard
- to taste pepper
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 x 400g can no-added-salt corn kernels, drained
- 250 g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 x 400g can no-added-salt chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and quartered
- Place couscous and garlic in a small heatproof bowl, pour over boiling water; cover and set aside for 3 minutes then fluff with a fork.
- In a small jug or bowl, combine juice, vinegar and mustard; season well with pepper.
- Evenly divide the dressing into each of the jars then layer in couscous, carrots, corn, tomatoes and chickpeas. Add the spinach and compress well to make room for eggs at the top of the jar. Seal the lid and refrigerate.
- To serve, tip salad ingredients into a bowl and toss to combine.
Try mustard instead of mayonnaise to add extra flavour to your salads and sandwiches.
Start to LiveLighter today
Become a member for free and receive your personalised meal plan.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||1984 kJ||367 kJ|
|Protein||23 g||4.3 g|
|Fat, total||8.3 g||1.5 g|
|— saturated||1.8 g||0.3 g|
|Carbohydrate||68.2 g||12.6 g|
|— sugars||15.4 g||2.9 g|
|Sodium||459 mg||85 mg|
|Fibre||14.9 g||2.8 g|
You might also like
Green Pea Soup
Bright green in colour and fresh in taste - this soup is perfect for a cold Winter's night
Banish lunchtime boredom with a rainbow of colours packed between slices of fresh bread.