Healthy Fake Baked Loaded Sweet Potato Recipe
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 1 cup reduced-fat mozzarella cheese, grated
- 300 g cooked or BBQ chicken breast, sliced or shredded
- 250 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup basil leaves
- to taste pepper
- Scrub skins and cut any blemishes off sweet potatoes. Use a fork to prick sweet potatoes at least a dozen times each.
- Place sweet potatoes onto a plate under a microwave-safe cover and microwave on HIGH for 5 minutes, turn over and cook a further 5 minutes until softened and cooked in the centre. Be careful when turning over the sweet potato - steam will burn!
- Carefully cut potatoes in half lengthways and place each on a serving plate open-faced. Sprinkle halves with cheese then layer on chicken and tomatoes. Microwave for another 2 minutes if desired.
- Top with torn basil leaves and black pepper and serve.
- Top with other salad ingredients such as baby spinach leaves, microwaved sliced red onion, canned corn kernels or beans, sliced red capsicum, mushrooms or spring onions.
- Add drained artichokes, olives, sundried tomatoes, roasted pepper strips or other chargrilled vegetables.
- Top with dried chilli flakes or chopped red chilli for some heat.
- Replace basil with fresh coriander leaves and sprinkle yoghurt with ground cumin or paprika for a Mexican-style flavour.
Comment: Sweet potato cooking time may vary from 4-7 minutes per side, depending on the size and how many are in the microwave at once. If cooking 1 sweet potato, start with 3 minutes each side. Our small sweet potatoes is about 350 g. 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese is about 100 g.
Choose plain water or soda water in place of a sugary drink.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||2087 kJ||414 kJ|
|Protein||39.9 g||7.9 g|
|Fat, total||12.9 g||2.6 g|
|— saturated||6 g||1.2 g|
|Carbohydrate||49 g||9.7 g|
|— sugars||22.4 g||4.5 g|
|Sodium||294 mg||58 mg|
|Fibre||11.4 g||2.3 g|
You might also like
Chargrilled Chicken & Vegie Stack With Salsa Verde
This fresh salsa verde is a great accompaniment to this delightful chicken.