Healthy Chicken & Salad Sandwich Recipe
- 160 g cooked or BBQ chicken breast
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup frozen corn kernel, defrosted
- 1 tbs low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 lettuce leaves
- 4 slices wholemeal or multigrain bread
- Shred or finely chop chicken.
- Put the chicken in a small bowl and add the celery, corn and mayonnaise (or yoghurt) and mix well to combine.
- Spread the mixture evenly over two slices of bread.
- Top each with a lettuce leaf and another slice of bread.
Comment: To cook chicken, place 200g raw chicken breast in a small saucepan with enough water to cover. Bring to the boil, reduce heat to medium and simmer for 5 minutes. Check meat is cooked through, with no pink colour, and allow to cool in the fridge before using.
Try mustard instead of mayonnaise to add extra flavour to your salads and sandwiches.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||1147 kJ||615 kJ|
|Protein||23.1 g||12.4 g|
|Fat, total||5.8 g||3.1 g|
|— saturated||1.2 g||0.7 g|
|Carbohydrate||29.7 g||15.9 g|
|— sugars||3.7 g||2 g|
|Sodium||409.5 mg||219.4 mg|
|Fibre||3.8 g||2 g|
You might also like
Asian Noodle Soup
A light, tasty soup packed with chicken, noodles, vegetables and a hint of ginger.