Healthy Quick Corn Pikelets Recipe
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 400 g can creamed corn
- 2 tbs reduced-fat milk
- olive or canola oil spray
- Mix flour, creamed corn and milk together. It makes quite a thick batter (more like damper than pancake mixture).
- Heat a large frypan and spray with oil
- Use a large spoon to dollop spoonfuls (about ¼ cup size) of batter into the frypan. Cook on a medium heat until golden brown on that side - about 3-5 minutes. They will puff up a bit too. Flip over and cook for another 3 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Repeat until the batter is all used up.
Having a party? Serve vegie sticks and water crackers with salsa rather than high-fat chips and dips.
Start to LiveLighter today
Become a member for free and receive your personalised meal plan.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||294 kJ||528 kJ|
|Protein||1.9 g||3.5 g|
|Fat, total||0.5 g||0.9 g|
|— saturated||0.3 g||0.5 g|
|Carbohydrate||14.4 g||26 g|
|— sugars||2.4 g||4.3 g|
|Sodium||224 mg||402 mg|
|Fibre||1 g||1.7 g|
You might also like
Iced London Fog
We’ve adapted the classic British beverage to help you stay cool in a sweltering Australian summer.