Healthy Fluffy Spinach & Mushroom Omelette Recipe
- 2 eggs, yolks and whites separated
- 1 tbs reduced-fat milk
- olive or canola oil spray
- 4 button mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup baby spinach leaves
- 1 tbs reduced-fat cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 tbs chives, chopped
- pepper, to taste
- Place the egg yolks in a medium bowl. Add the milk and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites until soft meringue-like peaks are formed. Gently fold egg whites into the egg yolk mixture and set aside.
- Spray a small non-stick frying pan with oil and place over medium heat. Add mushrooms and cook on medium heat for 3 minutes until softened. Add baby spinach and cook for a further minute until wilted. Remove from pan and wipe pan clean.
- Spray pan again and return to medium heat. Pour in the egg mixture and cook for 2-3 minutes or until surface is nearly firm. Sprinkle the cheese, mushrooms, spinach and pepper over half the omelette, then fold over the other side to enclose the filling. Garnish with the chopped chives.
- Vary the filling to include any combination of vegetables you prefer, such as asparagus, tomato, rocket leaves, leek, broccolini or red capsicum.
- For an Asian twist, try snow peas, bean sprouts, spring onion and a red chilli.
Love sweet coffee? Try reducing the amount of sugar you have a quarter of a teaspoon at a time to trick your taste buds!
Start to LiveLighter today
Become a member for free and receive your personalised meal plan.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||1011 kJ||534 kJ|
|Protein||21.4 g||11.3 g|
|Fat, total||15.6 g||8.2 g|
|— saturated||5.5 g||2.9 g|
|Carbohydrate||3.5 g||1.8 g|
|— sugars||2.9 g||1.5 g|
|Sodium||415 mg||219 mg|
|Fibre||1.6 g||0.8 g|
You might also like
Mexicorn Salsa Toast Topper
Try a different topper on a piece of toast each day of the working week!